Comparing Images

Maxus

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knew of a way to compare images and getting a
nearest matching image out of a collection of images of diffrent
sizes, colors, etc. Ideally want to compare the general shape of the
main features in the image, would be nice if it also compared the
average color value. I've done a bit of hunting on google and only
really come up with solutions that match pictures based on their file
hash value or solutions that are pure math without some general guides
on implementation in C#.

Thanks in advance,
Max

Maxus

I think you want to look for something closer to face recognition or motion
detection algorithms, or a classifier type of neural net.
-- Peter
Site:http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
Short Urls & more:http://ittyurl.net

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your feedback; to be honest it's to make a simple piece of
software that generates those mosaic pictures, just a simple personal
project. Can you provide some reference material explaining some of
the mentioned suggestions? I have looked over those topics previously,
but had difficulty finding a way to use them.

Thanks,
Max