    on implementation in C#.

    Thanks in advance,
    Max

    Maxus, Mar 28, 2008

  2. I think you want to look for something closer to face recognition or motion
    detection algorithms, or a classifier type of neural net.
    -- Peter
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short Urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    Peter Bromberg [C# MVP], Mar 28, 2008

  3. Maxus

    Maxus Guest

    On Mar 29, 1:35 am, Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]
    <> wrote:
    > I think you want to look for something closer to face recognition or motion
    > detection algorithms, or a classifier type of neural net.
    > -- Peter
    > Site:http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    > UnBlog:http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
    > Short Urls & more:http://ittyurl.net
    >

    > "Maxus" wrote:
    > > Hi Everyone,

    > > Just wondering if anyone knew of a way to compare images and getting a
    > > nearest matching image out of a collection of images of diffrent
    > > sizes, colors, etc. Ideally want to compare the general shape of the
    > > main features in the image, would be nice if it also compared the
    > > average color value. I've done a bit of hunting on google and only
    > > really come up with solutions that match pictures based on their file
    > > hash value or solutions that are pure math without some general guides
    > > on implementation in C#.

    > > Thanks in advance,
    > > Max- Hide quoted text -

    Hi Peter,

    Thanks for your feedback; to be honest it's to make a simple piece of
    software that generates those mosaic pictures, just a simple personal
    project. Can you provide some reference material explaining some of
    the mentioned suggestions? I have looked over those topics previously,
    but had difficulty finding a way to use them.

    Thanks,
    Max

    Maxus, Apr 4, 2008
  4. Alexey Smirnov, Apr 4, 2008