    know how to compile using the commandline. i dont know how to compile
    using netbeans.

    any help would be appreciated.
    snowy, Jan 21, 2006

  2. snowy wrote on 21.01.2006 16:35:
    > i downloaded netbeans with java sdk. i am a newbie to netbeans. pls
    > tell me how to compile a java program (basic programs) in netbeans. i
    > know how to compile using the commandline. i dont know how to compile
    > using netbeans.

    F9 compiles the Java class currently open in the Editor
    F11 builds the entire project

    More information here:

    http://www.netbeans.org/kb/41/using-netbeans/compiling.html

    Thomas
    Thomas Kellerer, Jan 21, 2006

  3. snowy

    snowy Guest

    but F9 and F11 does not work / disabled in my program in netbeans. pls
    help.
    snowy, Jan 21, 2006
  4. snowy wrote on 21.01.2006 17:17:
    > but F9 and F11 does not work / disabled in my program in netbeans. pls
    > help.

    Without more detailed information no one can help you. Which NetBeans
    version? Which type of project? How did you setup your project? Which
    JDK are you using?

    Thomas
    Thomas Kellerer, Jan 21, 2006
  5. snowy

    snowy Guest

    netbeans ide 4.1
    i did not specify any project because i want to test my java programs
    only. i dont know about projects. i know only java programs. i use john
    smiley's java book. i did not setup my project. if i shud setup a
    project and only then it will compile then pls tell me how to setup a
    project for compiling simple java programs. i am using the latest jdk
    that comes with netbeans . because i downloaded from java.sun.com only
    yesterday.
    snowy, Jan 21, 2006
  6. snowy wrote on 21.01.2006 17:34:
    > netbeans ide 4.1
    > i did not specify any project because i want to test my java programs
    > only. i dont know about projects. i know only java programs. i use john
    > smiley's java book. i did not setup my project. if i shud setup a
    > project and only then it will compile then pls tell me how to setup a
    > project for compiling simple java programs. i am using the latest jdk
    > that comes with netbeans . because i downloaded from java.sun.com only
    > yesterday.

    You need a project. Without a project you cannot compile or build your
    Java classes. Please read the help file and the tutorial on the NetBeans
    web site.

    Thomas
    Thomas Kellerer, Jan 21, 2006
  7. snowy

    snowy Guest

    Yes it works. i created a dummy project and compiled my programs.
    snowy, Jan 21, 2006