compile java using netbeans

snowy

i downloaded netbeans with java sdk. i am a newbie to netbeans. pls
tell me how to compile a java program (basic programs) in netbeans. i
know how to compile using the commandline. i dont know how to compile
using netbeans.

any help would be appreciated.

Thomas Kellerer

snowy wrote on 21.01.2006 17:17:
but F9 and F11 does not work / disabled in my program in netbeans. pls
help.

Without more detailed information no one can help you. Which NetBeans
version? Which type of project? How did you setup your project? Which
JDK are you using?

Thomas

snowy

netbeans ide 4.1
i did not specify any project because i want to test my java programs
only. i dont know about projects. i know only java programs. i use john
smiley's java book. i did not setup my project. if i shud setup a
project and only then it will compile then pls tell me how to setup a
project for compiling simple java programs. i am using the latest jdk
that comes with netbeans . because i downloaded from java.sun.com only
yesterday.

Thomas Kellerer

snowy wrote on 21.01.2006 17:34:
netbeans ide 4.1
i did not specify any project because i want to test my java programs
only. i dont know about projects. i know only java programs. i use john
smiley's java book. i did not setup my project. if i shud setup a
project and only then it will compile then pls tell me how to setup a
project for compiling simple java programs. i am using the latest jdk
that comes with netbeans . because i downloaded from java.sun.com only
yesterday.

You need a project. Without a project you cannot compile or build your
Java classes. Please read the help file and the tutorial on the NetBeans
web site.

Thomas