compiler error: argument of type "VALUE *" is incompatible with parameter of type "VALUE"

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by me2faster@excite.com, May 5, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I'm trying to build release 1.8.2 on a POSIX (1 and 2) based
    environment but have encountered a number of the following errors:

    SETUP_ARGS(node->nd_args);
    ^
    "/home/ruby-1.8.2/eval.c", line 3206: error(252): argument of type
    "VALUE *" is incompatible with parameter of type "VALUE"

    SETUP_ARGS(node->nd_args);
    ^
    "/home/ruby-1.8.2/eval.c", line 3206: error(252): argument of type
    "NODE *" is incompatible with parameter of type "VALUE"

    Thanks for the help,

    , May 5, 2005

  2. Ryan Davis Guest

    On May 5, 2005, at 2:44 PM, wrote:

    > I'm trying to build release 1.8.2 on a POSIX (1 and 2) based
    > environment but have encountered a number of the following errors:
    >
    > SETUP_ARGS(node->nd_args);
    > ^
    > "/home/ruby-1.8.2/eval.c", line 3206: error(252): argument of type
    > "VALUE *" is incompatible with parameter of type "VALUE"
    >
    > Thanks for the help,

    We can't help you unless you provide more information. What OS?
    Compiler? Configuration options? etc etc etc. What you provide above
    isn't enough.

    --
    - Seattle.rb -
    http://www.zenspider.com/seattle.rb