    appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Kaizen

    kaizen, Jan 12, 2006

  2. "kaizen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > we have the C/C++ code compiled in 16-bit compiler under DOS. assume it
    > as library.
    >
    > This library should be used to write code in VC++ and should be
    > compiled in 32-bit compiler under windows.
    >
    > Now the problem is when i try to compile the newly wrote VC++ code
    > linking with library (written in C/C++ code and compiled in 16-bit DOS
    > compiler) it is throwing error message.
    >
    > Is it possible to use this library?

    No. You cannot use 16 bit binaries with 32 bit code.

    > Any workaround? Your help is appreciated.

    You need to obtain the source to the 16 bit binary code and recompile it for
    32 bits. Even then, it probably will need considerable porting work, as
    Win32 is very different from DOS programming.

    Walter Bright
    www.digitalmars.com C, C++, D programming language compilers

    Walter Bright, Jan 12, 2006

  3. kaizen

    red floyd Guest

    kaizen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > we have the C/C++ code compiled in 16-bit compiler under DOS. assume it
    > as library.
    >
    > This library should be used to write code in VC++ and should be
    > compiled in 32-bit compiler under windows.
    >
    > Now the problem is when i try to compile the newly wrote VC++ code
    > linking with library (written in C/C++ code and compiled in 16-bit DOS
    > compiler) it is throwing error message.
    >
    > Is it possible to use this library? Any workaround? Your help is
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kaizen

    Wrong group. Try microsoft.public.vc.language.

    red floyd, Jan 12, 2006
  4. kaizen

    ketan Guest

    On new VC++ no straight way to do.