Compiler related topics

woodbrian77

Is there a link to download Visual Studio 2013? I found a
page off of a site called 2013download.com that said you
could download it there, but it looked kind of fishy to
me so I didn't do it.

Secondly, is anyone using clang 3.3 or newer? I hit a bug
in clang 3.2

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/comp.lang.c++/FoF4eehyM6I

but I don't know if it is still a problem in more recent
releases. Tia.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.
http://webEbenezer.net

Glad to hear https://duckduckgo.com is getting more
traffic lately.

Victor Bazarov

Is there a link to download Visual Studio 2013? I found a
page off of a site called 2013download.com that said you
could download it there, but it looked kind of fishy to
me so I didn't do it.

If you can survive another week without it, you might not need those
fishy (or should I say "phishy") sites. MS said they would give more
information during their "Build" conference set to open mid next week in
SF, I think.
Secondly, is anyone using clang 3.3 or newer? I hit a bug
in clang 3.2

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/comp.lang.c++/FoF4eehyM6I

but I don't know if it is still a problem in more recent
releases. Tia.

Is there no way to ask llvm directly?

woodbrian77

If you can survive another week without it, you might not need those
fishy (or should I say "phishy") sites. MS said they would give more
information during their "Build" conference set to open mid next week in
SF, I think.

OK, I found it now.

I am.
Is there no way to ask llvm directly?

That's the next step. I installed clang 3.3 now and it still
crashes.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - Was Eisenhower the last decent US President?
http://webEbenezer.net

woodbrian77

OK, I found it now.

A few comments:

IIuc, Visual Studio 2013 is also known as Visual Studio 12.

It seems faster than the previous version.

It doesn't support non-static data member initialization in
a class declaration. This is a dissapointment.
That's the next step.

I reported it and they said they fixed it.