Compiling and caching of aspx pages

Steven Spits

Hi group,

The first visit to a newly created aspx page is always slow since it has to
be compiled once. Sequential visits are much faster.

We've tested our .NET webapp on two different machines : (a) Windows 2000 /
IIS5 and (b) Windows 2003 / IIS6.

During this testing, we noticed that Windows 2003 seems to remove the
compiled pages when it's not accessed recently (I think about 30 minutes).
Windows 2000 otoh seems to keep the compiled pages (accessing a file today
that was compiled yesterday still shows up immediatly).

Is there a way to make W2003 behave like W2000?

Steven

- - -