Compiling DCOracle2 on RH Linux 8.0

Ron Reidy

All,

I am trying to compile DCOracle2 on RedHat 8.0 and make is giving me
the following error:

gcc -pthread -fPIC -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-I/usr/local/include/python2.3 -I/usr/local/include/python2.3 @DEFS@
-I/oracle/app/oracle/9i/rdbms/demo
-I/oracle/app/oracle/9i/network/public
-I/oracle/app/oracle/9i/plsql/public
-I/oracle/app/oracle/9i/rdbms/public -DORACLE9i -c ././dco2.c -o
../dco2.o
gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

David Ripton

I am trying to compile DCOracle2 on RedHat 8.0 and make is giving me
the following error:

gcc -pthread -fPIC -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-I/usr/local/include/python2.3 -I/usr/local/include/python2.3 @DEFS@
-I/oracle/app/oracle/9i/rdbms/demo
-I/oracle/app/oracle/9i/network/public
-I/oracle/app/oracle/9i/plsql/public
-I/oracle/app/oracle/9i/rdbms/public -DORACLE9i -c ././dco2.c -o
./dco2.o
gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

Did I do something wrong?

No. The DCOracle2 build process isn't very robust.

Look at src/Makefile. Find a line that says "DEFS=%DEFS" and change
it to "DEFS=-fno-strict-aliasing"

Ron Reidy

No. The DCOracle2 build process isn't very robust.

Look at src/Makefile. Find a line that says "DEFS=%DEFS" and change
it to "DEFS=-fno-strict-aliasing"

David,

Thanks. That worked well. Now, how do I install it? The only copies
of dco2.so that exist are in the directory tree where I built the
library. In searching for any kind of install directios, I found
nothing like 'make install', etc.

Thanks you your help.

Bill Scherer

Ron said:
David,

Thanks. That worked well. Now, how do I install it? The only copies
of dco2.so that exist are in the directory tree where I built the
library. In searching for any kind of install directios, I found
nothing like 'make install', etc.
Ron -

At the same sevel as the src folder where you built dco2.so, you should
find a DCOracle2 folder. Put dco2.so in that folder, and copy that
folder into your $PYTHONPATH (site-packages/ would do fine). Then you
should be able to start your python and import DCOracle2.

HTH,

Bill