Compiling from the command line

David Rainsford

I want to do an automated build after a CVS checkout

Is there a way I can build a VS.NET solution from a batch file (i.e. a way
to compile a solution from the command line)?

Thanks very much

David Rainsford

Bruce Brown

Hi,

One simple solution is to run DevEnv from the command line with the /build
switch. You can see the various command-line options by typing DevEnv /? on
a command line.

Regards,

- Bruce.

Gerry O'Brien [MVP]

If you are using VB, try vbc.exe. C# uses csc.exe.

You will have to check the documentation for switches that are specific to
your requirements.

Tarundeep Singh Kalra

What about makeFile..

--