Compiling Python 2-3.4 on Tru64 UNIX V4.0F

Discussion in 'Python' started by Heuguette Bostic, Sep 7, 2004.

  1. I am attempting to compile Python 2-3.4 on Tru64 UNIX V4.0F. Whenever I issue the make command, the following errors are output:

    -pthread -ieee -std -Olimit 1500 -DNDEBUG -O -I. -I./Include -DPy_BUILD_CORE -c ./Modules/posixmodule.c -o Modules/posixmodule.o
    cc: Warning: ./Modules/posixmodule.c, line 3007: "return" is an invalid preprocessor directive, and is being ignored. (baddirective)
    # return PyInt_FromLong((long)getpgrp(0));
    --------^
    cc: Error: ./Modules/posixmodule.c, line 3025: Missing ")". (norightparen)
    # if (setpgrp(0, 0) < 0)
    -------------------^
    cc: Warning: ./Modules/posixmodule.c, line 3016: Missing #endif directive. (noendif)
    #ifdef HAVE_SETPGRP
    -^
    cc: Info: ./Include/objimpl.h, line 255: In this declaration, type long double has the same representation as type double on this platform. (longdoublenyi)
    long double dummy; /* force worst-case alignment */
    --------^
    *** Exit 1
    Stop.

    Does anyone have any suggestions to help me resolve this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

    Sam

    ____________________
    Confidentiality Notice:
    This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by phone or reply to this e-mail, and delete all copies of this message.

    Heuguette Bostic, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Heuguette Bostic wrote:
    > cc: Warning: ./Modules/posixmodule.c, line 3007: "return" is an invalid preprocessor directive
    > # return PyInt_FromLong((long)getpgrp(0));
    > --------^

    [...]
    > Does anyone have any suggestions to help me resolve this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

    I would start with downloading the original Python source code. Line
    3007 of posixmodule.c should not start with a hashmark. Why does it
    in your copy?

    Regards,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Heuguette Bostic

    Unixtrekkor Guest

    I downloaded another copy and now when I compile I see the following
    message:

    cc: Error: ./Modules/posixmodule.c line 3007: In this
    statement,"getgrp" expects 0 arguments, but 1 are supplied.
    (toomanyargs)
    return PyInt_FromLong((long)getgrp(0));
    ---------^
    cc: Error: ./Modules/posixmodule.c line 3024: In this
    statement,"setgrp" expects 0 arguments, but 2 are supplied.
    (toomanyargs)
    if (setgrp(0, 0) < 0)
    -------------^
    *** Exit 1
    Stop.

    I am looking for the format of the getgrp and setgrp commands. Thanks
    for your help.

    Heuguette

    Unixtrekkor, Sep 9, 2004
  4. Unixtrekkor wrote:
    > I downloaded another copy and now when I compile I see the following
    > message:
    >
    > cc: Error: ./Modules/posixmodule.c line 3007: In this
    > statement,"getgrp" expects 0 arguments, but 1 are supplied.
    > (toomanyargs)
    > return PyInt_FromLong((long)getgrp(0));
    > ---------^
    > cc: Error: ./Modules/posixmodule.c line 3024: In this
    > statement,"setgrp" expects 0 arguments, but 2 are supplied.
    > (toomanyargs)
    > if (setgrp(0, 0) < 0)
    > -------------^
    > *** Exit 1
    > Stop.
    >
    > I am looking for the format of the getgrp and setgrp commands. Thanks
    > for your help.

    As a work-around, you could edit pyconfig.h, and remove the
    mentioning of HAVE_GETPGRP and HAVE_SETPGRP. Then, these wrappers
    won't get compiled.

    Regards,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Sep 9, 2004
  5. Heuguette Bostic

    Unixtrekkor Guest

    I made it past the compilation errors by editing pyconfig.h.in. The
    setgrp and getgrp module settings were set to undef. Now I see the
    following errors:

    rm -r /lgyr/library/lib
    ar cr /lgyr/library/lib Modules/getbuildinfo.o
    ar: Error: /lgyr/library/lib not in archive format
    *** Exit 1
    Stop

    Does anyone know what library should be used? Thanks.

    Unixtrekkor, Sep 17, 2004
  6. Unixtrekkor wrote:
    > I made it past the compilation errors by editing pyconfig.h.in. The
    > setgrp and getgrp module settings were set to undef. Now I see the
    > following errors:
    >
    > rm -r /lgyr/library/lib
    > ar cr /lgyr/library/lib Modules/getbuildinfo.o
    > ar: Error: /lgyr/library/lib not in archive format
    > *** Exit 1
    > Stop
    >
    > Does anyone know what library should be used?

    It appears that for some reason, LIBRARY is set to /lgyr/library/lib
    in your Makefile. How did you manage that to happen? Where does the
    /lgyr string come from? LIBRARY should be "libpython23.a"

    Regards,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Sep 17, 2004