Compiling Python 2.7.10 Error

Joined
Jul 11, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I want to add Python 2.7 to my Unix.
I downloaded the sources to the VirtualBox on which the Unix is installed and run

./configure --prefix=/usr \
--enable-shared \
--with-system-expat \

without problems.

However, when I try to run make, it fails on:

cc –Kpthread–Wl,-Bexport–o python Modules/python.o libpython2.7.a-lsocket –lnsl –lpthread –ldl –lm

Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
_PyInt_FromDev libpython2.7.a(posixmodule.o)
UX:ld: ERROR:Symbol referencing errors.No output written to python
***Error code 1(bu21)
UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.

I tried to find a solution searching on Google, without much success.

Can you suggest directions towards a solution?

Environment:
  • OS Unixware 7.1.4
  • Python 2.7.10