Computer to Computer Video teleconferencing software with encryption

Discussion in 'C++' started by john.f.klein@gmail.com, Nov 26, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I want to be able to contact my wife via video teleconferencing and
    see
    and talk to her and our new baby.

    For this purpose, I need software and hardware that can allow me to do
    with secure and privacy.

    As soon we talk of video, anyone, from the ISP to anyone who can
    snoop,
    record and store the content for any latter mischief can work on it
    according
    to their leisure.

    For this purpose, I am looking for open source programs that can be
    used
    to pipe the content.

    Here are some ideas:

    First, one can use netcat to write packet to any IP. The two people at
    the
    end of the two computers know each other's IP, so they can write
    packets
    to each others IP using netcat.

    The video and audio content has to be converted to an optimum format
    and
    sent to each other in packets. A good compression, like VOIP is needed
    so
    that it is as close to real time as possible, and video can be
    optional.

    Also a capability to record the conversation is needed.

    The encryption scheme needed is very important. For example, we know
    that many shared key (like PGP) are poorly understood and possibly
    have
    a backdoor. What about dictionary based encryption ?

    Here is the pipe flow

    audio/video signal | VOIP type compression | more compression like
    arithmetic compression ? | encryption | netcat ---> listener on the
    other computer to reverse all these.

    I would appreciate if one can pack these programs or modules and
    compile them.

    There is no need to use skype with this.

    John Klein

    , Nov 26, 2007

    Re: Computer to Computer Video teleconferencing software withencryption

    Is there any relevant group where I should post this question ?

    On Nov 26, 3:08 pm, wrote:
    > I want to be able to contact my wife via video teleconferencing and
    > see
    > and talk to her and our new baby.
    >
    > For this purpose, I need software and hardware that can allow me to do
    > with secure and privacy.
    >
    > As soon we talk of video, anyone, from the ISP to anyone who can
    > snoop,
    > record and store the content for any latter mischief can work on it
    > according
    > to their leisure.
    >
    > For this purpose, I am looking for open source programs that can be
    > used
    > to pipe the content.
    >
    > Here are some ideas:
    >
    > First, one can use netcat to write packet to any IP. The two people at
    > the
    > end of the two computers know each other's IP, so they can write
    > packets
    > to each others IP using netcat.
    >
    > The video and audio content has to be converted to an optimum format
    > and
    > sent to each other in packets. A good compression, like VOIP is needed
    > so
    > that it is as close to real time as possible, and video can be
    > optional.
    >
    > Also a capability to record the conversation is needed.
    >
    > The encryption scheme needed is very important. For example, we know
    > that many shared key (like PGP) are poorly understood and possibly
    > have
    > a backdoor. What about dictionary based encryption ?
    >
    > Here is the pipe flow
    >
    > audio/video signal | VOIP type compression | more compression like
    > arithmetic compression ? | encryption | netcat ---> listener on the
    > other computer to reverse all these.
    >
    > I would appreciate if one can pack these programs or modules and
    > compile them.
    >
    > There is no need to use skype with this.
    >
    > John Klein

    , Nov 26, 2007

  3. red floyd Guest

    wrote:
    > Is there any relevant group where I should post this question ?
    >
    > [video conf redacted]

    Not in comp.lang.c++, gnu.emacs.help, or comp.unix shell.

    red floyd, Nov 27, 2007
  4. Re: Computer to Computer Video teleconferencing software withencryption

    > audio/video signal | VOIP type compression | more compression like
    > arithmetic compression ? | encryption | netcat ---> listener on the
    > other computer to reverse all these.
    >
    > I would appreciate if one can pack these programs or modules and
    > compile them.

    Seriously, troll?

    Ioannis Gyftos, Nov 27, 2007