concatenating strings

EHC

hello!

since i am a py noob, please bear with me ; )

how is it possible to concat a string and an integer in a
print-command? i've tried

print "This robot is named %s. The current speed setting is %d, and %s
has a lifetime of %d" % (self.name , self.speed , self.name)

as well as

print "This robot is named %s. The current speed setting is %d, and %s
has a lifetime of %d" & self.name % self.speed % self.name

though nothing works out...

background is a class named Robot with members speed, name, etc...

tia,
Erich

Laurent Pointal

EHC a écrit :
hello!

since i am a py noob, please bear with me ; )

how is it possible to concat a string and an integer in a
print-command? i've tried

print "This robot is named %s. The current speed setting is %d, and %s
has a lifetime of %d" % (self.name , self.speed , self.name)

Four % formating with only three arguments to format. It cannot work...

print "This robot is named %s. The current speed setting is %d, and %s
has a lifetime of %d" % (self.name , self.speed , self.name, self.lifetime)

background is a class named Robot with members speed, name, etc...

May try this too:
print "This robot is named %(name)s. The current speed setting is
%(speed)d, and %(name)s has a lifetime of %(lifetime)d" % self.__dict__

[note: liftefime may be a dynamically calculated value, and should be
providen via an accessor attribute]