Configuration Inquiry

Emilio Taylor

I've been racking my brain on configurations of Ruby, Rails, and
Streamlined or Active Scaffold.

It always seems that upon starting my web server, I receive error
messages which keeps my web server from starting properly.

Would someone be so kind as to explain configurations / setups that
have worked for you?

Which:
Ruby Version
Rails Version
Gems Version
Streamlined or Active Scaffold Version

If you also have any tips on how you installed each component, that
would be greatly appreciated.

Environment:
OS: Windows Vista << Ya ... I know. Time to get a Mac ... lol
Database: MySQL

This is what I've tried:
Ruby Version: 1.8.6
Rails Version: 2.1.0, 2.0.2, and 1.2.3
Streamlined Version: 1.0 RC3 and 1.0 RC1
Active Scaffold Version: 1.1.1

Much thanks in advance.

Oscar Del Ben

what's the error?

Emilio Taylor

Oscar said:
what's the error?

Well,

I re-installed everything, and was able to get Streamlined working
with:

Ruby: 1.8.6
Rails: 2.0.2
Streamlined: Latest version obtained from :
http://svn.streamlinedframework.org/edge/streamlined

However, with the same configuration, with Active Scaffold, I tried to
obtain the plug-in from:
/script/plugin install
http://activescaffold.googlecode.com/svn/tags/active_scaffold

... and I receive the following error message:

NoMethodError in [ModelName]Controller#index

undefined method `active_scaffold' for [ModelName]Controller:Class
Replace [ModelName] with Books for instance

Thanks again for the reply!

Oscar Del Ben

I don't use active scaffold, but are you sure you don't need to include it
in your application?

Emilio Taylor

Thanks for the reply!

I'm actually testing both plug-ins to see the flexibility of each.

Thanks again,