Configuring Perl for Linux 8

Ryan Ritten

Hello,

I have perl installed on my linux 8 box. I wrote a quick script that
prints would the word hello is you type this from the command line :

"perl test.pl"

now the weird thing is that when I go to my browser and point it at
"test.pl" (that file btw is on my website)... it doesn't print the
word hello... it instead prints out "all" the code in the file. So
essentially it doesn't execute the perl script... it just displas it
on the screen

Now I am almost 100% positive this has soemthign to do with a
misconfigured httpd.conf file... but I went into it and it seems to
have the line where the perl module is loaded "not" commented out...
so it should load.

I did restart httpd.... is there something I'm missing in httpd.conf?
Why doens't httpd not execute the script when that file is requested?

any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!!!

-Ryan Ritten

Keith Keller