Confirm Alert

aroraamit81

Can I have a confirm alert with *Yes* *No* button istead of *Ok*
*Cancel* buttons.

Any help................

Regards,
Amit Arora

Evertjan.

wrote on 23 feb 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
Can I have a confirm alert with *Yes* *No* button istead of *Ok*
*Cancel* buttons.

yes/no, you will have to build it yourself.

Jonas Raoni

Can I have a confirm alert with *Yes* *No* button istead of *Ok*
*Cancel* buttons.

You can't. Only if you code up an html modal window object by yourself.

Randy Webb

Jonas Raoni said the following on 2/23/2006 12:04 PM:
You can't.
Correct.

Only if you code up an html modal window object by yourself.

"html modal window object"?

Why not throw a few more buzz words in there with it to make it an even
more catch all statement? You can roll your own without using a window.

Jonas Raoni

Randy said:
Jonas Raoni said the following on 2/23/2006 12:04 PM:

"html modal window object"?

Why not throw a few more buzz words in there with it to make it an even
more catch all statement? You can roll your own without using a window.

Haha, I don't think I understood the last phrase right =/

But that's what I meant to say, I didn't asked him to use an window
(window.open), since the window communication can be problematic and
everything can be made with dom and etc :]

But he won't be able to make such flexible code anymore:

if(confirm("Ok?"))
:

Since there's nothing to block the code flow, he will need to add a
listener =/

MyConfirm("message", notificationFunction);

That's the why I preffer to keep using the default window.confirm :)

aroraamit81

If I am right then there exits a method in VB

MSgBox("STRING_MESSAGE",VBYesNo), it works for having *Yes* *No*
buttons.
Can't JavaScript give me this???????

Jonas Raoni

If I am right then there exits a method in VB

MSgBox("STRING_MESSAGE",VBYesNo), it works for having *Yes* *No*
buttons.
Can't JavaScript give me this???????

Nope, I saw that it's possible to call a VBScript function from
JavaScript, but since VBScript isn't a standard, it isn't good to make
such wrappers.

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 2/24/2006 4:56 AM:
If I am right then there exits a method in VB

MSgBox("STRING_MESSAGE",VBYesNo), it works for having *Yes* *No*
buttons.

VBScript has that.
Can't JavaScript give me this???????

No.