Confirm dialog with \t alignment

0

00steve

Hi,
I am using a confirm dialog to display a list of altered records when
the user submits changes. I would like it displayed in the following
format:

Student Level Result
Test Student 21 4

I know I can use \t for the spacing, but the thing is, for longer
names, I am getting the level and result appearing an extra tab to the
right. I have tried just padding the student name with empty spaces to
a set length, but it would appear that some characters are wider than
others, and as a result, the level and result are not alligned.

Is there any way to have this confirm dialog formatted with horizontal
allignment of the data?

Thanks

Evertjan.

00steve wrote on 10 jan 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:
Hi,
I am using a confirm dialog to display a list of altered records when
the user submits changes. I would like it displayed in the following
format:

Student Level Result
Test Student 21 4

I know I can use \t for the spacing, but the thing is, for longer
names, I am getting the level and result appearing an extra tab to the
right. I have tried just padding the student name with empty spaces to
a set length, but it would appear that some characters are wider than
others, and as a result, the level and result are not alligned.

Is there any way to have this confirm dialog formatted with horizontal
allignment of the data?

stipuleting you are takling browser output,
your empty spaces way you need to use a font like Courier
and use

use an html <table>

BTW, what is your javascript Q?

Show your minimal code perhaps.