Confusing performance data

APA

I have a ASP.NET 20 application that is suffering some pretty poor performance. I'm using the Web Application Stress tool to run a script and I see
some confusing performance data. As expected the request execution time is long. It averages about 10 seconds and goes as high as 70 seconds.
Another performance counter that is very high is Page Faults/Sec, it averages about 1000 (faults/sec). Given that the server has 2GB of RAM and that
only 250MB is used by the app I don't understand the high page faults. I have the WAST set to 50 thread spread over three clients and Performance
monitor shows only about 3 requests per second (which makes the high request time even more puzzling since I certainly think the app can process three
requests per second). Another puzzling performance stat is the Requests Executing, it averages about 40. I guess this is because of the long
execution time but if that were the case it seems that this would continue to increase because if 3 or 4 requests per second a are being services and
only one request is being complete every 10 seconds it would seem that the Requests executing would just increase linearly. Also the Request Wait
Time is always zero and the CPU runs in the 40-50% range. Seems like an odd set of performance statistics to me.

The only way that I can think that the request time could be so high is that some how one process is blocking the other but the .NET CLR
LocksAndThread:Current Queue Length is always zero too. So, with this data I'm not ever sure where to begin to start looking in my app to fix the
issue. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

The test is being run on a Win2K server (AMD X2 3800+ CPU, 2GB of RAM) using a SQL 2005 database on another server (no database issues exist).