    windows 03 server. I don't know where to start on this, can someone point
    me in the right direction.

    Thanks.

    Bob Garbados, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Bob Garbados

    bruce barker Guest

    well, you need to know the protocol required to talk to this service. is
    tcp/ip or udp? is a self defined stream protocol or is an http protocol.
    connect to it with telnet, and see what you can learn. use net monitor to
    dump the packets.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Bob Garbados

    Bob Garbados Guest

    Thanks. It's tcp/ip and I don't know if it's self defined or http. I only
    know that I have to send xml to a specific port. I can't connect with
    telnet to the port, does that mean it has to be opened up? Pinging the port
    times out.

    Bob Garbados, Dec 22, 2004
  4. Bob Garbados

    Bob Garbados Guest

    Bruce,

    I can connect to it with telnet but I can't learn anything... once the
    connection opens I just see a blinking cursor, if I press a key the
    connection is lost.

    Bob Garbados, Dec 22, 2004
  5. Bob Garbados

    Renán Wug Guest

    Try the telnet like this telnet 123.123.123.123 XXXX where XXXX is the port
    number where you want to connect. If the port is open you will get the
    cursor and if you type something it should give you an answer.

    Regards,

    Renán

    Renán Wug, Dec 22, 2004
  6. Bob Garbados

    Bob Garbados Guest

    That's exactly what I did, but the connection gets lost when I type anything
    at the cursor.

    Thanks.

    Bob Garbados, Dec 22, 2004