Connecting to an open Window Example: IE Browser Window

Discussion in 'Java' started by kbjohnson@gmail.com, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Part One:

    I was looking for some classes that might allow me to select an open IE
    window and type a URL in the address bar and direct it there.

    Part Two:

    Select a TextBox on the browser.
    Enter a name in Field1.

    Select another TextBox on same page.
    Enter some information I have read from a file. (I know how to read
    from a file, the information I need and parse it out to strings)

    Submit the page form.

    I am not exactly looking for code, but would be helpful. I just want
    to know some recommended classes or methods others might use.

    , Nov 13, 2006

  2. Hi,

    you cannot do this from Java without using native code. You would need some
    C++ or VB-Code which does the interaction with IE... However i dont know
    what exactly you are trying to do, but if you want to test/remote control a
    webapplication you can try Selenium, which would be able to to what you
    want. Have a look at http://www.openqa.org/selenium/.

    Best regards,
    Jan

    wrote:

    > Part One:
    >
    > I was looking for some classes that might allow me to select an open IE
    > window and type a URL in the address bar and direct it there.
    >
    > Part Two:
    >
    > Select a TextBox on the browser.
    > Enter a name in Field1.
    >
    > Select another TextBox on same page.
    > Enter some information I have read from a file. (I know how to read
    > from a file, the information I need and parse it out to strings)
    >
    > Submit the page form.
    >
    > I am not exactly looking for code, but would be helpful. I just want
    > to know some recommended classes or methods others might use.

    insOMnia - We never sleep...
    http://www.insomnia-hq.de

    Jan =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thom=E4?=, Nov 14, 2006