Connecting to numarray. Problem with the setup program

Jean Moser

I tried many times to connect to numarray without success.
I choosed the release: numarray-1.1.1.win32py2.2.exe then I went to
the setup program made by Greenfield and I tried to follow the
commands.The mentioned Python directory is C:\PROGRA~2 which is not
covenient. I tried to change it but without success. From now on I
could not go further. What shall I do ?

Colin J. Williams

Jean said:
I tried many times to connect to numarray without success.
I choosed the release: numarray-1.1.1.win32py2.2.exe then I went to
the setup program made by Greenfield and I tried to follow the
commands.The mentioned Python directory is C:\PROGRA~2 which is not
covenient. I tried to change it but without success. From now on I
could not go further. What shall I do ?
I've installed the 2.3 version to an XP without problem.
I presume that you have the Python directory in C:\Python22.

Sometimes there are problems when using C:\Program Files\Python22
because some software doesn't handle a space in a path name very well.

Colin W.