Connection String Server Name

Carl Gilbert

Hi

I have an ASP.NET 2.0 web app on some 1&1 (1and1) MS web space. I have a
SQL database to which I have a connection string in my web.config.
The only piece of information I can not work out is the server name as I've
got shared hosting.

How can I find out the name of the server to use in the connection string?

Regards, Carl Gilbert

Guest

Hello Carl,

According to 1and1's advertising they put their sql servers on separate
database machines. Therefore, I would assume they would have to provide you
with the sql server name (location) and the database owner's password.

Carl Gilbert

Thanks for the reply. It turned out to be the host name as detailed in the
control panel.