Connectivity

aca04pds

I have no C++ experience (I do have limited Java experience, don't
know if this is relevant) and I have to create a C++ program that will
connect two, or more, computers using the OpenSSH protocol. I don't
understand the OpenSSH documentation and cannot find an API. The prog
has to be able to connect both Linux and Windows machines.

I don't know where to start, can anyone help (or just point me in the
right direction)?
Thanks

Kai-Uwe Bux

I have no C++ experience (I do have limited Java experience, don't
know if this is relevant) and I have to create a C++ program that will
connect two, or more, computers using the OpenSSH protocol. I don't
understand the OpenSSH documentation and cannot find an API. The prog
has to be able to connect both Linux and Windows machines.

a) This has nothing to do with standard C++ and is off-topic in this group.
You would need to ask in a linux group and in a windows group for help with
OS specific or third-party APIs. Please see the FAQ for what goes here and
for hints where other questions may go.

b) I am a little puzzled by your question. The program you are supposed to
write seems to exist already and goes by the name (open)ssh. Just type man
ssh on your linux box to see the documentation. It already comes with
tunnelling facilities. Before you repost your question in a more suitable
forum you might want to re-read your specs so that you tell the folks over
there what you are supposed to provide that is not already embodied in
ssh-daemons and ssh-clients.

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux