    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, May 20, 2008

  2. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 20 May 2008 09:44:10 +0100, Sabine Dinis Blochberger
    said :

    >Does the tray icon still show? You should be able to open the console
    >through its context menu.
    >
    >IIRC, showing a tray icon is also an option.

    The bloody thing disappeared for about an hour, then just as
    mysteriously reappeared.

    Roedy Green, May 20, 2008

  3. Roedy Green

    David Segall Guest

    Roedy Green <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 20 May 2008 09:44:10 +0100, Sabine Dinis Blochberger
    ><> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who
    >said :
    >
    >>Does the tray icon still show? You should be able to open the console
    >>through its context menu.
    >>
    >>IIRC, showing a tray icon is also an option.

    >The bloody thing disappeared for about an hour, then just as
    >mysteriously reappeared.

    This must be part of the "desktop metaphor". It is a very common
    phenomenon and often happens with spectacles and car keys. I firmly
    believe that these objects move into the future and can only be seen
    when your time catches up with them and they appear on your desktop
    exactly where you know you looked twenty minutes ago. While many
    people scoff at the theory it does save a lot of fruitless searching.
    My equivalent for the virtual desktop is to turn the computer off and
    on again but I guess you tried that.

    David Segall, May 21, 2008
  4. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 21 May 2008 14:49:36 GMT, David Segall <>

    >. While many
    >people scoff at the theory it does save a lot of fruitless searching.
    >My equivalent for the virtual desktop is to turn the computer off and
    >on again but I guess you tried that.

    I think the problem is too much complexity. You have code written by
    dozens of people who have never met much less talked over the various
    interactions. It is a miracle it works at all.

    Roedy Green, May 22, 2008