Container library progress

Dik T. Winter

> OTOH, if you define them locally, you get parsing problems, in that
> you can't determine the precedence or binding of an operator without
> knowing the types it's operating on, and you can't determine that
> before you know what operands are binding with the operator.

In Algol 68 this wsa done by giving all operators that looked the same
have the same priority, so no parsing problems.

David Thompson

I'dn't've said so. They make control structures look like
structured data, and they make function calls look like
structured data. There's no attempt to make either look
like the other, simply both to a common sexp structure.
They both look like data, yes, and as an important result can be
manipulated as data. But that means they look like each other.
I think it's the same elephant.