Lars Netzel

I have a page that in runtime generates an XLS file that I want to send to
the client and I want it to be inline (open in IExplorer).

The page (that generates the file) opens and the file is generated (written
to disk first on server) but then it's closed (sort of blinks on the
client)... and I never get the download to start of the clients. I do not
even get the question if I want to Open or save the file and no error
messages.. the page just closes.

If I change the content disposition to Attachment... it works as attachment
works (opens in assosiated application).. but before the file is downloaded
I get the "File has been blocked" yellow row that started to show up after
SP2 was released for XP and I need to rightclick that row and select
"Download File". That's annoying and I want to bypass that since my users
are NOT used to computers and will be confused and won't be able to
understand what to do..

How do I make a file be INLINE.. that does actually come down.. OR..
attachment but bypassing the File Blocking thing... On other sites it works
fine and I do not have to do any changes to my IE settings (which I do not
want to do)

Best Regards/
Lars Netzel