content syndication

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by lasmit42@gmail.com, May 19, 2005.

  1. Guest

    My company has a client who would like to add the contents of an rss
    feed to their website, making a minimum amount of change to their site.
    I have created an asp.net aggregator for the feed (based on some
    existing code), which generates a web page from the feed.

    I was planning to simply include the file using an iframe, but it
    transpires that search engines do not crawl frame pages (improved
    ranking is the purpose of including the rss).

    So, what I need is a simple way to include the contents of the web page
    I have created on the page within a div tag or something.

    As #include takes raw data this is no good (the page no longer
    compiles), so what I am looking for is a couple of lines of code which
    will read the output of a website into a string so that I can display
    it.

    Having looked around quite a lot I am unable to find something straight
    forward to achieve this, although I cannot belive it is difficult as
    there is certainly something like this in PHP.

    Please help me as my head hurts from banging it against the wall.

    Many thanks in advance

    Lewis

    , May 19, 2005

  2. Steven Burn Guest