Continuing an outer loop from an inner loop

August Karlstrom

Total nonsense. Convoluted loop conditions blur the meaning. break and
goto significantly simplify such constructs.

With brakes and gotos you cannot use loop invariants.

/August

Willem

August Karlstrom wrote:
) On 2010-09-15 06:40, Richard wrote:
)> Total nonsense. Convoluted loop conditions blur the meaning. break and
)> goto significantly simplify such constructs.
)
) With brakes and gotos you cannot use loop invariants.

Loop invariants are only useful inside ivory towers.

SaSW, Willem
drugged or something..
#EOT

August Karlstrom

August Karlstrom wrote:
) On 2010-09-15 06:40, Richard wrote:
)> Total nonsense. Convoluted loop conditions blur the meaning. break and
)> goto significantly simplify such constructs.
)
) With brakes and gotos you cannot use loop invariants.

Loop invariants are only useful inside ivory towers.

Well, brakes and gotos are only useful inside jerk stores.

/August

Marcin Grzegorczyk

August said:
Well, brakes and gotos are only useful inside jerk stores.

I find brakes quite useful inside cars.

(Damn hard to resist, it was. Sorry.)

August Karlstrom

This was mostly a silly joke from my side.
You're clearly an amateur hacker if you really think that.

No, because a hacker is the very opposite; it's someone who uses and
misuses every feature of the language.
goto is a basic of any computer science and is more "absolute" than
anything else.

Yes, but at the ISA level.

/August