    any solutions to my problem?

    please advise... thanks!!

    , Oct 1, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I want a JSP web page that allows the user to select a folder as input,
    > not files. If I use <input type="file">, I couldn't select a folder as
    > input, I can only select a single file as input. In my case, are there
    > any solutions to my problem?

    You can so anything in a JSP you can do in a normal
    HTML form, so.. No.
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html#edef-INPUT>
    the 'accept' attribute allows you to specify mime-types that
    are acceptable for upload (which may or may not be ignored by
    the browser), but it does not allow you to upload 'directories'.

    The usual way to approach loading a directory of files is
    to present the user with a group of file inputs and allow
    them to specify each file.

    HTH

    Andrew Thompson, Oct 1, 2005