convert the ip packet to and from RS-232 packet

Li Han

Hi, I need to use radio to connect two local ip network, each local
network has a server computer which connects to a radio with RS-232
interface. I need to write a program to convert the local ip packet
into RS-232 packet, so the radio can send packetes to the remote
radio. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, is there anyone could give
me some suggestions?
Thank you!
Han

Steve Holden

Li said:
Hi, I need to use radio to connect two local ip network, each local
network has a server computer which connects to a radio with RS-232
interface. I need to write a program to convert the local ip packet
into RS-232 packet, so the radio can send packetes to the remote
radio. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, is there anyone could give
me some suggestions?
Thank you!

There's a package called pyserial that's pretty good at handling RS-232
interfaces. Good luck!

regards
Steve
(G3VEK)

bobicanprogram

Hi, I need to use radio to connect two local ip network, each local
network has a server computer which connects to a radio with RS-232
interface. I need to write a program to convert the local ip packet
into RS-232 packet, so the radio can send packetes to the remote
radio. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, is there anyone could give
me some suggestions?
Thank you!
Han

You might want to check out the SIMPL toolkit. (http://
www.icanprogram.com/simpl). It come standard with an RS232
surrogate. This generic module will transparently transmit a SIMPL
message via RS232 serial connection. Although this module is written
in C, SIMPL itself fully supports Python as a language to create
modules.

bob