    me some suggestions?
    Thank you!
    Han

    Li Han, Feb 9, 2009

  2. Li Han

    Steve Holden Guest

    Li Han wrote:
    > Hi, I need to use radio to connect two local ip network, each local
    > network has a server computer which connects to a radio with RS-232
    > interface. I need to write a program to convert the local ip packet
    > into RS-232 packet, so the radio can send packetes to the remote
    > radio. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, is there anyone could give
    > me some suggestions?
    > Thank you!

    There's a package called pyserial that's pretty good at handling RS-232
    interfaces. Good luck!

    regards
    Steve
    (G3VEK)
    --
    Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119

    Steve Holden, Feb 9, 2009

  3. On Feb 9, 8:13 am, Li Han <> wrote:
    > Hi, I need to use radio to connect two local ip network, each local
    > network has a server computer which connects to a radio with RS-232
    > interface. I need to write a program to convert the local ip packet
    > into RS-232 packet, so the radio can send packetes to the remote
    > radio. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, is there anyone could give
    > me some suggestions?
    > Thank you!
    > Han

    You might want to check out the SIMPL toolkit. (http://
    www.icanprogram.com/simpl). It come standard with an RS232
    surrogate. This generic module will transparently transmit a SIMPL
    message via RS232 serial connection. Although this module is written
    in C, SIMPL itself fully supports Python as a language to create
    modules.

    bob

    bobicanprogram, Feb 9, 2009