Convert VS 2005 to VS 2003

Stephen

Hi Karl,

I wanted a sample app to monitor processes using .NET
Juan (from newsgroups), suggested me to look at this:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fy81t8yk.aspx

and it has a sample code, but when i try to open it it says "the selected
file is a visual studio solution file, but was created by a newer version of
visual studio and cannot be opened"
so was wondering if I can convert it to a lower version.

I also tried to create it manually but the sample app makes use of controls
that are using .NET(2.0)

Please advice,
Stephen

"Karl Seguin [MVP]" <karl REMOVE @ REMOVE openmymind REMOVEMETOO . ANDME
net> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Karl Seguin [MVP]

I'm sure you can hack the sln file to work, but the simplest way is probably
to create a new solution and add the source files. If, as you say, 2.0
controls are being used, you'll need to find out how to do it in 1.1...

Karl

--
http://www.openmymind.net/
http://www.fuelindustries.com/

Stephen said:
Hi Karl,

I wanted a sample app to monitor processes using .NET
Juan (from newsgroups), suggested me to look at this:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fy81t8yk.aspx

and it has a sample code, but when i try to open it it says "the selected
file is a visual studio solution file, but was created by a newer version
of
visual studio and cannot be opened"
so was wondering if I can convert it to a lower version.

I also tried to create it manually but the sample app makes use of
controls
that are using .NET(2.0)

Please advice,
Stephen

"Karl Seguin [MVP]" <karl REMOVE @ REMOVE openmymind REMOVEMETOO . ANDME
net> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

hasantayyar

yippie everybody.. i am very lazy man and how we can convert
automaticallay or easy..
i dont want to write some assembly for this action...
and i think this is a stupid program for m!cro$oft ... a project can
not opened with an old version ... very stupid ... die m!cro$oft..

Jeff Dillon

Can ANY previous application version open the file format from it's new
version? Nope

English learn should you

Jeff

hasantayyar

i was in so many dev. group adn we make so many prog.
office programmes.. and it is not hard to make this simple action.. but
if you are only think money you dont wanna do this..

yippie i am an idiot ok :) but you dont wanna know my idea about you..
anyway.. go your way little boy :)
i asked a populer question and you say theese nonsense answers bla
bla..
ok sleepy i am bye.. thanks for your comment :)
hasan tayyar from hell of Jeff

Jeff Dillon

There is NO WAY an previous version can anticipate the format of previous
versions.

Are you saying that 2005 can't save in 2003 format? THEN you have an
argument, and I might agree. But if you sare saying that 2003 can't open
native 2005 format, then NO program, Labview, Mathematica..or ANY previous
program can anticipate future file versions. Perhaps I just don't understand
your English

Jeff