Cookie question with WebRequest

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by vMike, Nov 7, 2003.

  1. vMike

    vMike Guest

    I don't know if I can explain this here, but I will try. I am using
    WebRequest/WebResponse to get product information from another website then
    put the selections in a shopping cart of the remote site. (So that I can
    tract what is purchased) I all works fine until checkout time because at
    check out time I have to use a Response.Redirect and I need to pass the
    cookies and the processing onto the remote server. I don't want to handle
    the order on my site. I have no problem changing the domain name of the
    cookie during WebRequest/WebResponse an I have been successful at getting
    the items into the remote cart. But WebRequest/WebResponse doesn't work for
    check out and I must use Response.Redirect to transfer processing to the
    remote server for credit card info etc. I can't pass the cookies on to the
    remote server during Response.Redirect and I can't change the domain name
    of the cookie on the client-side so the remote server doesn't see the cookie
    and fails because there is no cookie for that domain. It seems that must be
    a way to pass on the cookie to a remote server with a the proper domain
    name. Any help would be appreciated or if someone to tell me it can't be
    done for security reasons. My goal is only to know what is purchased then I
    don't want to have anything to do with the processing. Google search has not
    helped.
    Mike

    vMike, Nov 7, 2003