Cookies across sites

Tariq

Hi,

Is it possible to pass cookies across sites?
for instance i want to pass a session id from htp://server1 to
http://server2.

If I follow the code snippet below

HttpCookie cookie = new HttpCookie("SesID","SomeIDValue");
Response.Cookies.Add(cookie);
Response.Redirect("http://Server2/default.aspx);

I am finding that browser does not pass the cookie set on the Get
Request to Server.

Appreciate your thoughts on this.

- Tariq

Rutger

Tariq said:
Hi,

Is it possible to pass cookies across sites?
for instance i want to pass a session id from htp://server1 to
http://server2.

If I follow the code snippet below

HttpCookie cookie = new HttpCookie("SesID","SomeIDValue");
Response.Cookies.Add(cookie);
Response.Redirect("http://Server2/default.aspx);

I am finding that browser does not pass the cookie set on the Get
Request to Server.

Appreciate your thoughts on this.

- Tariq

Luckily it's not possible! Is hase something to do with security ;)
btw: If you find a workaround, send it to (e-mail address removed) and cc me ;)

//Rutger

Oytun YILMAZ

Hi,

Is it possible to pass cookies across sites?
for instance i want to pass a session id from htp://server1 to
http://server2.

If I follow the code snippet below

HttpCookie cookie = new HttpCookie("SesID","SomeIDValue");
Response.Cookies.Add(cookie);
Response.Redirect("http://Server2/default.aspx);

I am finding that browser does not pass the cookie set on the Get
Request to Server.

Appreciate your thoughts on this.

- Tariq

Hi,

Cookies can only be accessed from the issued site however if your sites are
at the same domain like:

site1.server.com and site2.server.com set the cookie's domain
property to server.com and it would be accesiable from *.server.com

hope this helps

-Oytun YILMAZ