cookies between ast and asp.net

Arno Seitinger

Hi,

how I have to handle cookies between asp and asp.net?

between two asp sites it works fine,
so I can use the sessions direct.
but not between an asp site and an apx site.

thanks
arno

Hans Kesting

Arno said:
Hi,

how I have to handle cookies between asp and asp.net?

between two asp sites it works fine,
so I can use the sessions direct.
but not between an asp site and an apx site.

thanks
arno

If you mean just a "plain cookie": that does not depend on asp, asp.net, php or whatever.
So there you are just bound by domain limits.

If you mean specifically the session cookies, there is not much use: You can NOT
directly share sessions between asp and asp.net sites. (there are some tricks
to sync sessions between asp and asp.net)

Hans Kesting

Saravana

Cookies you cant share between asp and asp.net applications. Cookie name
created by asp.net application is different from asp application cookie
name. Similarly you cant share sessions between asp and asp.net applications
directly. But there are some workarounds, you can check out these links,
http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/ConvertToASPNET.asp
http://searchvb.techtarget.com/vsnetTip/1,293823,sid8_gci951935_tax293033,00.html