    but not between an asp site and an apx site.

    thanks
    arno

    Arno Seitinger, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Arno Seitinger

    Hans Kesting Guest

    Arno Seitinger wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > how I have to handle cookies between asp and asp.net?
    >
    > between two asp sites it works fine,
    > so I can use the sessions direct.
    > but not between an asp site and an apx site.
    >
    > thanks
    > arno

    If you mean just a "plain cookie": that does not depend on asp, asp.net, php or whatever.
    So there you are just bound by domain limits.

    If you mean specifically the session cookies, there is not much use: You can NOT
    directly share sessions between asp and asp.net sites. (there are some tricks
    to sync sessions between asp and asp.net)

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Arno Seitinger

    Saravana Guest

    Cookies you cant share between asp and asp.net applications. Cookie name
    created by asp.net application is different from asp application cookie
    name. Similarly you cant share sessions between asp and asp.net applications
    directly. But there are some workarounds, you can check out these links,
    http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/ConvertToASPNET.asp
    http://searchvb.techtarget.com/vsnetTip/1,293823,sid8_gci951935_tax293033,00.html

    --
    Saravana