cookies in HTTP POST headers

Antony

Hi

I'm trying to write an app to login to a web site and perform some
transactions with it (placing sporting bets with www.betfair.com)

I have read up on HTTP POST and can send POST data to get me logged in, but
to be able to place bets I have to send cookies and receive them.

I'm using VB6 and have got stuck with how to read the headers that the
server sends back. I have used a packet sniffer in Internet Explorer to see
that normal web usage of the site sends cookies, and if I have the cookie I
know how to send it.

I am stuck on how to obtain the headers that the server sends back that will
have the cookie data in them

I'm using the webbrowser control.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Antony

Toby Inkster

Antony said:
I'm using the webbrowser control.

Why? HTTP is a pretty easy protocol -- you'll probably have better luck
implementing your own HTTP routines.