    Request

    Are there any Web resources detailing how to build a site which works
    for all clients, even with a firewall?

    Logician, Sep 16, 2005

  2. Logician

    Bruce Barker Guest

    cookieless session work but encoding the session in the url (or postdata).
    if you use redirect, you need to include the session id in the redirect url.
    some sites like MS own cookieless session support incode the session in the
    url path rather than as a query string.

    myself i use a combination of cookie, querystring and postdata to pass the
    session id.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Sep 16, 2005

  3. Logician

    Logician Guest

    Bruce Barker wrote:
    > cookieless session work but encoding the session in the url (or postdata).
    > if you use redirect, you need to include the session id in the redirect url.
    > some sites like MS own cookieless session support incode the session in the
    > url path rather than as a query string.
    >
    > myself i use a combination of cookie, querystring and postdata to pass the
    > session id.
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Thanks for the info Bruce, it works.

    One customer complained before when I had cookieless sessions that his
    Cart was lost when returning. It is possible to save the cookieless
    Cart to an HTTP Cart if the client system allows that?

    ie
    Cart Built->Browser Closed->Cart saved to HTTP cookie (if allowed)

    I dont know if the Global file or something can be used in Session
    States.
    (my site is merrows.co.uk)

    Logician, Sep 17, 2005