Cookies:Sites which always work

Logician

Objective

To build a site which works with ALL client systems, eg firewalls,
disabled cookies, etc

Current Site

Works with HTTP cookies and when I try and convert to Session Ids and
cookieless "cookies" for a browser with disabled cookies it fails when
the pages redirect.

Request

Are there any Web resources detailing how to build a site which works
for all clients, even with a firewall?

Bruce Barker

cookieless session work but encoding the session in the url (or postdata).
if you use redirect, you need to include the session id in the redirect url.
some sites like MS own cookieless session support incode the session in the
url path rather than as a query string.

myself i use a combination of cookie, querystring and postdata to pass the
session id.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Logician

Bruce said:
cookieless session work but encoding the session in the url (or postdata).
if you use redirect, you need to include the session id in the redirect url.
some sites like MS own cookieless session support incode the session in the
url path rather than as a query string.

myself i use a combination of cookie, querystring and postdata to pass the
session id.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)
Thanks for the info Bruce, it works.

One customer complained before when I had cookieless sessions that his
Cart was lost when returning. It is possible to save the cookieless
Cart to an HTTP Cart if the client system allows that?

ie
Cart Built->Browser Closed->Cart saved to HTTP cookie (if allowed)

I dont know if the Global file or something can be used in Session
States.
(my site is merrows.co.uk)