coordinates problem

yaya9

Hi,

I'm using asp .net for web dev.
I have a datagrid with a scrollbar (a span).

I'm trying to use my function to show the tooltip (of an HTML table).
the function I'm using is calculating the right x,y coordinates
relative to the client screen. but... the tooltip is shown within its
container (the span) and cannot get out of it. so when x = & y = 0 I
see the tooltip in the top left corner of the span and not of the
client screen (and that is what I want).

Some idea?

thanks

yaya9 said:
Hi,

I'm using asp .net for web dev.
I have a datagrid with a scrollbar (a span).

I'm trying to use my function to show the tooltip (of an HTML table).
the function I'm using is calculating the right x,y coordinates
relative to the client screen. but... the tooltip is shown within its
container (the span) and cannot get out of it. so when x = & y = 0 I
see the tooltip in the top left corner of the span and not of the
client screen (and that is what I want).

Some idea?

thanks

Pardon my ignorance here... but, if you're using asp .net for web dev -
why are you raising your question here, in the javascript newsgroup?

randelld