copy hidden text to clipboard?

Rob Wahmann

I'm trying to find a way to copy a hidden link to the client's clipboard.
I've built an upload manager for all types of files, however, I want the
user to be able to copy the link to the file without having to actually see
the link and select it manually. I want to keep the interface clean and just
use an image like "copy link" that when pressed copies the hidden value to
the clipboard. The user will then paste the link of the specific file into a
web-based editor to quickly add files to web pages.

I'm no JavaScript guru so please bear with me. I greatly appreciate any
tips, samples or advice!

TIA - Rob