    holdes the selected html text] to the clipboard and paste it into the LAST
    CURSOR POSITION in the textbox on the Button-Click event handler!!

    Thank you so much in advance !!

    Mr. Murad Jamal, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Mr. Murad Jamal

    ValliM Guest

    Hi Murad Jamal,

    Here is the script codings which maintains the cursor position in the global
    variable.The cursor position can be obtained by the calling function
    GetCursorPos() in the click event of the TextBox.

    globalCursorPos: It is used to maintain the current cursor position.

    lastCursorPos: It is used to maintain the last cursor position.

    Script:
    var lastCursorPos;

    var globalCursorPos=0;

    function select1()

    {

    var selectedHtml=(document.selection.createRange()).htmlText;

    if(selectedHtml!= "")

    {

    window.clipboardData.setData("Text",selectedHtml);

    var clipboardData= window.clipboardData.getData("Text");

    var sourceText=document.getElementById("Text1").value;

    var
    newText=sourceText.substring(0,lastCursorPos)+clipboardData+sourceText.substring(lastCursorPos);

    document.getElementById("Text1").innerText=" ";

    document.getElementById("Text1").innerText=newText;

    function GetCursorPostion()

    {

    lastCursorPos=globalCursorPos;

    globalCursorPos = getCursorPosition();

    }

    function getCursorPosition()

    {

    var obj = document.activeElement;

    var cur = document.selection.createRange();

    var pos = 0;

    if (obj && cur)

    {

    var tr = obj.createTextRange();

    if (tr)

    {

    while (cur.compareEndPoints("StartToStart", tr) > 0)

    {

    tr.moveStart("character", 1);

    pos++;

    }

    return pos;

    return -1;

    }

    HTML

    <input id="Text1" style="position: relative; width: 672px; height: 90px;"
    type="text" value="We are a leading provider of software components and
    tools for the Microsoft .NET platform. - www.syncfusion.com"
    onclick="GetCursorPostion();"/></div>

    <input id="Button1" style="position: relative" type="button" value="button"
    onclick="select1();" />&nbsp;

    Let me know if u have any doubts.

    Regards,

    Valli