    Please guide.

    regards
    Aki

    aki, Oct 26, 2010

  2. aki <> writes:
    > i have two basic requirement on linux platform . I am using C language
    > to do this .
    > 1) copying one file to another (assuming i know their file
    > descriptors)
    > 2) Overwriting a file using it file descriptor .

    File descriptors are a Unix concept, not a C concept.

    I'm sure the folks over in comp.unix.programmer would be glad to help
    you with this. Just to make things easier, give them your instructor's
    e-mail address so they can submit their solutions to your homework
    assignment directly.

    (My apologies if this isn't a homework assignment, but it certainly
    looks like one.)

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, Oct 26, 2010