copying changed files in a tree

Martin DeMello

Do any of the ruby build tools (rake, rant, somethingelse?) support
the task "copy all the files that have changed since the last time i
ran the copy task" across an entire directory tree? e.g. if I have the
structure

foo/
foo/file1
foo/file2
foo/bar/
foo/bar/file3

the first time i run rake copy, it should copy the entire tree over.
Now say I touch foo/bar/file3, and rerun rake copy, it should only
copy that file over.

martin

Ryan Davis

Do any of the ruby build tools (rake, rant, somethingelse?) support
the task "copy all the files that have changed since the last time i
ran the copy task" [...]

use rsync. it rules.

Martin DeMello

Do any of the ruby build tools (rake, rant, somethingelse?) support
the task "copy all the files that have changed since the last time i
ran the copy task" [...]

use rsync. it rules.

good point :) i was trying too hard for a pure ruby solution.

martin

Robert Klemme

Do any of the ruby build tools (rake, rant, somethingelse?) support
the task "copy all the files that have changed since the last time i
ran the copy task" [...]

use rsync. it rules.

good point :) i was trying too hard for a pure ruby solution.

GNU cp also has some nice options to deal with this (from memory, -a and
-u).

Kind regards

robert