Corruption in Montavista and not in RedHat

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Anonymous, Dec 15, 2008.

  1. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    A troll often says the things other people only wish they
    could say...

    DUDE, FOR THE 464569879764503234830987TH TIME, POST YOUR
    FUCKING CODE.

    OK, just kidding.

    All you've given us is this:

    checkfun(&ipdat, (unsigned char *)&pC->load[6]);

    For a start, can you please post the structure declaration
    for whatever pC points to and also the definition of
    checkfun(). Looking at that second argument and considering
    that malloc'd memory doesn't exhibit the buggy behavior, I
    have some guesses as to what may be happening, but the
    Oracle has been rather vague today.

    I know you may think there'd be no difference in behavior
    between Linux distributions, but if we first find any
    bug, we may be able to determine exactly what is happening
    in terms of the smallest details. With buggy code, even two
    different installations of the same Linux distribution could
    exhibit different behavior. With buggy code, even the one
    installation could exhibit different behavior between this
    week and next, between reboots, or on some systems, between
    individual program executions.

    Yours,
    Han from China

    Anonymous, Dec 15, 2008