Corruption in Montavista and not in RedHat

Anonymous

A troll often says the things other people only wish they
could say...

DUDE, FOR THE 464569879764503234830987TH TIME, POST YOUR
FUCKING CODE.

OK, just kidding.

All you've given us is this:

checkfun(&ipdat, (unsigned char *)&pC->load[6]);

For a start, can you please post the structure declaration
for whatever pC points to and also the definition of
checkfun(). Looking at that second argument and considering
that malloc'd memory doesn't exhibit the buggy behavior, I
have some guesses as to what may be happening, but the
Oracle has been rather vague today.

I know you may think there'd be no difference in behavior
between Linux distributions, but if we first find any
bug, we may be able to determine exactly what is happening
in terms of the smallest details. With buggy code, even two
different installations of the same Linux distribution could
exhibit different behavior. With buggy code, even the one
installation could exhibit different behavior between this
week and next, between reboots, or on some systems, between
individual program executions.

Yours,
Han from China