Could not find any attribute 'class' of element 'td'.

Paul Darroch

Hello

I am trying to convert a web site from ASP to ASP.NET and the class
attribute is used in tables throughout the site. The problem is when I
am trying to convert these pages I have a huge list of what appears to
be errors with the message "Could not find any attribute 'class' of
element 'td'", is there any way of stopping this error from occurring,
ie can I update the schema to allow the class attribute in a td element?

Example HTML:
<b>Latest Developments:</b>

Thanks

PD

Simon

I guess this is probably a big job but have you considered converting your
tables to server-side controls? The client-side controls have a few gaps in
the schema...

Greg Burns

I don't believe having a class attribute on a td element would cause that
error. In fact, since when is a class attribute not allow on a td element??

Actually, you can apply any attribute you can dream up to an element. VS
may put the red squiggle line under it, but it won't cause the error your
seeing or prevent your code from running. You sure you have a well-formed
document? No mismatched tags?

Greg