Could not find schema messages won't display aspx pages

amir

Hi,

When compiling a page in VS2005 this morning I received 101 messages
regarding schema problems in my web.config file.

When I go to view an aspx page in my IIS, IE just displays a blank
page.

I have the June Atlas CTP installed.

I'd not encountered any such problems just the day before & hadn't
altered the web.config file.

This is extremely irritating, as I am unable to test or create any new
pages - I would appreciate if you could assist in some way.

Example description of message:

Could not find schema information for the element
'http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0:configuration'

removing this reference in <configuration xmlns, produces different
warnings, including: 'The 'requirePermission' attribute is not
declared'

and
Could not find schema information for the element 'microsoft.web'.

my config file below:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<configSections>
<sectionGroup name="microsoft.web"
type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.MicrosoftWebSectionGroup">
<section name="converters"
type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.ConvertersSection"
requirePermission="false"/>
<section name="webServices"
type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.WebServicesSection"
requirePermission="false"/>
<section name="authenticationService"
type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.AuthenticationServiceSection"
requirePermission="false"/>
<section name="profileService"
type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.ProfileServiceSection"
requirePermission="false"/>
</sectionGroup>
</configSections>
<!--
The microsoft.web section defines items required for the Atlas
framework.
-->
<microsoft.web>
<converters>
<add
type="Microsoft.Web.Script.Serialization.Converters.DataSetConverter"/>
<add
type="Microsoft.Web.Script.Serialization.Converters.DataRowConverter"/>
<add
type="Microsoft.Web.Script.Serialization.Converters.DataTableConverter"/>
</converters>
<webServices enableBrowserAccess="true"/>
<!--
Uncomment this line to enable the authentication service. -->
<authenticationService enabled="true"/>
<!-- Uncomment these lines to enable the profile service. To allow
profile properties to be retrieved
and modified in Atlas applications, you need to add each
property name to the setProperties and
getProperties attributes. If you intend for all properties to
be available, you can use "*"
as a shorthand rather than enumerating each property -->
<!--
<profileService enabled="true"
setProperties="propertyname1;propertyname2"
getProperties="propertyname1;propertyname2" />
-->
</microsoft.web>

<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp from="(e-mail address removed)">
<network defaultCredentials="true" host="195.195.195.195"
password="" userName=""/>
</smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>
<connectionStrings>
<add name="xx" connectionString="mystring;Initial Catalog=xx;User
ID=xxPWD=xx;Connect Timeout=9999"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
</connectionStrings>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name="xx" loginUrl="index.aspx"/>
</authentication>
<authorization>
<allow users="?"/>
</authorization>
<roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="xx">
<providers>
<add name="ITPRoleProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider"
connectionStringName="mystring" applicationName="/myapp"/>
</providers>
</roleManager>
<membership defaultProvider="x">
<providers>
<add name="x" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
connectionStringName="mystring" requiresUniqueEmail="true"
minRequiredPasswordLength="x" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" applicationName="/myapp"/>
</providers>
</membership>
<compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">
<buildProviders>
<add extension=".asbx"
type="Microsoft.Web.Services.BridgeBuildProvider"/>
</buildProviders>
<assemblies>
<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=xx"/>
<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xx"/></assemblies></compilation>
<pages theme="defaultTheme" buffer="true"
enableSessionState="true">
<namespaces>
<clear/>
<add namespace="System"/>
<add namespace="System.Collections"/>
<add namespace="System.Collections.Specialized"/>
<add namespace="System.Configuration"/>
<add namespace="System.Text"/>
<add namespace="System.Text.RegularExpressions"/>
<add namespace="System.Web"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.Caching"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.SessionState"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.Security"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.Profile"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.UI"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls"/>
</namespaces>
<controls>
<add namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI" assembly="Microsoft.Web.Atlas"
tagPrefix="atlas"/>
<add namespace="Microsoft.Web.UI.Controls"
assembly="Microsoft.Web.Atlas" tagPrefix="atlas"/>
</controls>
</pages>
<httpModules>
<add type="System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule"
name="Session"/>
<add name="ScriptModule"
type="Microsoft.Web.Services.ScriptModule"/>
<add name="BridgeModule"
type="Microsoft.Web.Services.BridgeModule"/>
<add name="WebResourceCompression"
type="Microsoft.Web.Services.WebResourceCompressionModule"/>
</httpModules>
<sessionState mode="InProc" sqlConnectionString="mystring
Catalog=mycatalog;User ID=xx;PWD=xx;Connect Timeout=xxxx"
cookieless="false"/>
<httpHandlers>
<remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>
<add verb="*" path="*.asmx"
type="Microsoft.Web.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory" validate="false"/>
<add verb="*" path="atlasbatchcall.axd"
type="Microsoft.Web.Services.MultiRequestHandler" validate="false"/>
<add verb="*" path="atlasglob.axd"
type="Microsoft.Web.Globalization.GlobalizationHandler"
validate="false"/>
<add verb="*" path="*.asbx"
type="Microsoft.Web.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory" validate="false"/>
</httpHandlers>
</system.web>
</configuration>

amir

Nevermind.
VS2005 had created an app_offline.htm in the root of my site, which
caused the problem.

Bit dodgy though, when I opened this file it launched VS repeatedly - I
had to kill the program from Task Manager