Could not load type 'UserWebControl.DatePicker'.

Stephan

Hi all,

when trying to build a custom webcontrol I receive the above message.
It's caused by the inherits attribute of de the control-directive. I
have no clou of what could be going wrong. Any help is appreciated:

Code of the control:

<%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="control_DatePicker.aspx.vb"
inherits="UserWebControl.DatePicker"%>
Width="92px" MaxLength="10"></asp:TextBox></td>
<asp:ImageButton id="ImageButton1" runat="server"
ImageUrl="images/cal.gif"></asp:ImageButton></td>
<asp:panel id="cal1" runat="server" style="CLEAR: none; DISPLAY:
block; FLOAT: left; OVERFLOW: visible; POSITION: absolute"
Visible="False">
<asp:Calendar id="calendar1" runat="server" Width="200px"
BackColor="White" DayNameFormat="FirstLetter" ForeColor="Black"
Height="180px" Font-Size="8pt" Font-Names="Verdana"
BorderColor="#999999" CellPadding="4">
<TodayDayStyle ForeColor="Black"
BackColor="#CCCCCC"></TodayDayStyle>
<SelectorStyle BackColor="#CCCCCC"></SelectorStyle>
<NextPrevStyle VerticalAlign="Bottom"></NextPrevStyle>
<DayHeaderStyle Font-Size="7pt" Font-Bold="True"
BackColor="#CCCCCC"></DayHeaderStyle>
<SelectedDayStyle Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White"
BackColor="#666666"></SelectedDayStyle>
<TitleStyle Font-Bold="True" BorderColor="Black"
BackColor="#999999"></TitleStyle>
<WeekendDayStyle BackColor="#FFFFCC"></WeekendDayStyle>
<OtherMonthDayStyle ForeColor="#808080"></OtherMonthDayStyle>
</asp:Calendar>
</asp:panel></td>

Sourcecode codebehind-file:

Imports System
Imports System.Web
Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls
Imports System.Web.UI.HtmlControls
Imports System.Web.UI.UserControl

Namespace UserWebControl

Public Class DatePicker : Inherits UserControl

Protected WithEvents tbxDatum As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox
Protected WithEvents ImageButton1 As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton
Protected WithEvents calendar1 As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Calendar
Protected WithEvents cal1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel

InitializeComponent()

End Sub

Private Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
'CODEGEN: This method call is required by the Web Form
Designer
InitializeComponent()
End Sub

#End Region

Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
End Sub

Private Sub calendar1_SelectionChanged(ByVal sender As
calendar1.SelectionChanged
Dim selectedDatum As System.DateTime =
calendar1.SelectedDate
tbxDatum.Text = selectedDatum.ToShortDateString
cal1.Visible = False
End Sub

Private Sub ImageButton1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object,
ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles
ImageButton1.Click
If cal1.Visible = True Then
cal1.Visible = False
Else : cal1.Visible = True
End If
End Sub
End Class

End Namespace

Stephan

Sorry,

but I didn't include de projectname. The problem is solved. In my case
the control-directive should look like this:

<%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="control_DatePicker.aspx.vb"
inherits="{projectname}.UserWebControl.DatePicker"%>

Thx