Counting an elment where its attribut equals to true

khaled Hajjar

Hello,

I have this template :
<root>
<categorie>
<poste att = 'true'>
</poste>
<poste att = 'false'>
</poste>
<poste att = 'true'>
</poste>
</categorie>
<categorie>
</categorie>
</root>

In my XSL, I like to check if all poste's attribut equal to false, I
will output a text message "there is no poste"
else output the poste where attribut equal to true.

Thanks for your support.

khaled Hajjar

In my XSL, what do I put to have these in the output file? :

If all poste's attribut equal to false, will output a text message
"there is no poste"
else output value element of poste, where attribut equal to true.

In other way, How can I know in my poste elements that I have at least
one element its attribut equal to true?

Thanks

khaled Hajjar

Thanks for your answer, but it still some thing missing.
Sorry about my english.

These way, it works element by element, but I need before I parsed all
poste elements, I like to know if there is a poste element have an
attribut 'true'.

If the attribut of all poste elments are false, I will output the
message 'there no poste'

I will give an example :
<categorie>
<poste att='true'>
comments about poste a
</poste>
<poste att='false'>
comments about poste b
</poste>
<poste att='false'>
comments about poste c
</poste>
</categorie>

If I use this test, I will get 'comments about poste a'. This is a
correct, but my question, if I set the first attribut to false, I want
the output is 'there no poste' one time for the 3 poste element.

Another, I like to have a condition before start parsing the poste
elements, that tell me in these all poste element, there is at least one
attribut to true.

Thanks

Patrick TJ McPhee

% These way, it works element by element, but I need before I parsed all
% poste elements, I like to know if there is a poste element have an
% attribut 'true'.

You need to use a conditional test.
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test='/categorie/poste[@att = "true"]'>
<xsl:value-of select='/categorie/poste[@att = "true"]'/>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:eek:therwise>There is no poste with att set to 'true'.</xsl:eek:therwise>
</xsl:choose>

If you need to handle cases where more than one poste has att set to
true differently, you could have

<xsl:apply-templates match='/categorie/poste[@att = "true"]'/>

instead of using xsl:value-of. If it's too slow, you could put
the select expression in a variable.