Counting files in folders

jmaillet

Is there a way to count files in a specific folder using ONLY
javascript?

I am creating a site for the intranet at work that will post weekly
reports. Users will drop weekly reports in a folder and I would,
hopefully, like to post whatever files are in that folder without
manually creating links to each file..

Evertjan.

wrote on 16 mrt 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
Is there a way to count files in a specific folder using ONLY
javascript?

No you will need a executable running javascript.

ASP, IE, Firefox, W/cscript.
I am creating a site for the intranet at work that will post weekly
reports. Users will drop weekly reports in a folder and I would,
hopefully, like to post whatever files are in that folder without
manually creating links to each file..

So that is folders on the server?

You want ASP jscript?

That's easy, use filesystemobject

See: <http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2039>

This is vbscript, but jscript is here:

<http://authors.aspalliance.com/wiseasp/aboutfilesystemobject.asp>

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Is there a way to count files in a specific folder using ONLY
javascript?

Depends. For example, are we talking about client-side or server-side
JavaScript? Are we indeed talking about JavaScript, or are we talking
about JScript?

PointedEars