    times 1, 2, 3 etc show up in this field.

    Thanks
    Jeff

    Jeff Uchtman, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Jeff Uchtman

    Jeff Uchtman Guest

    Got it, thanks anyway

    Jeff

    Jeff Uchtman, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Jeff Uchtman

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Jeff Uchtman wrote:
    > Got it, thanks anyway
    >
    > Jeff

    Just in case:
    You decided to use a grouping query with the Count(*) aggregate function,
    right? You didn't bring all the records to the client and loop through them,
    did you ...?

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows, Feb 7, 2004
  4. Jeff Uchtman

    Tom B Guest

    Just my two cents, but it sounds like a candidate for a database upgrade.

    Tom B, Feb 7, 2004
  5. Jeff Uchtman

    Jeff Uchtman Guest

    Yes, its going to MS-SQL. Did it by doing:
    SELECT [Locality_Code], Count(*) AS Total
    FROM Voters
    GROUP BY [Locality_Code];
    Thanks
    Jeff