counting source lines (was: Is Python a commercial proposition ?)

Stefan Behnel

lipska the kat, 29.07.2012 18:01:
My most recent experience is with Java. The last project I was involved
with included 6775 java source files containing 1,145,785 lines of code.
How do I know this? because I managed to cobble together a python script
that walks the source tree and counts the lines of code. It ignores block
and line comments and whitespace lines so I'm fairly confident it's an
accurate total. It doesn't include web interface files (mainly ..jsp and
HTML) or configuration files (XML, properties files and what have you). In
fact it was remarkably easy to do this in python

Just a comment on this part. An even easier way to count source lines is by
using the tool "SLOCCount". It also works with various languages.

Stefan