Create a combo box in ASP 3.0

Doogie

How is this done? I want to take a text box that is in a grid and
make it a combo box: Here is what the first part of the HTML looks
like now:

<input type="text" name="txt_SERVICE_SN"
onkeypress="filterNonNumeric()" size="5" maxlength="3"
style="text-align:right"
onchange="fieldEdited(this.parentNode.parentNode)">

I tried switching the "text" to be "combobox" and that doesn't work.

I saw some other code for other combo boxes (not in the grid) and saw
something like this:

<select id="test2"></select>

This will make a combo box. But I don't know why. I can't see
anything in there that uniquely identifies this as a combo box.

Doogie

FYI...The grid that is being built with XSL (That's the first HTML
stuff I put above).

I realize now that "select" is what you use to create a combo box
normally. But I'm not seeing a way to create one within a grid that
is build using XSL.

Anthony Jones

Doogie said:
FYI...The grid that is being built with XSL (That's the first HTML
stuff I put above).

I realize now that "select" is what you use to create a combo box
normally. But I'm not seeing a way to create one within a grid that
is build using XSL.

This not really an appropriate place for your question.

I suggest you first understand that combo boxes typically used to render the
HTML <select> element where the select element looks something like:-

<select>
<option value="1">This</option>
<option value="2">That</option>
</select>

Then post a question to microsoft.public.xsl with a small sample of your
input XML and your desired HTML output.