create my own search feature with eclipse RCP

Discussion in 'Java' started by dao, Oct 29, 2008.

  1. dao

    dao Guest

    Hello,

    does anybody has an example of search feature creation using
    org.eclipse.search? I'd like to create my own search feature in a
    lucene database.

    I have tried 2 solutions:

    I have tried to create classes that implements ISearchQuery,
    ISearchResult and ISearchPage. So that, I can add a page to the search
    dialog box and launch a Job that performs my query in my lucene
    databases. But it is a long way to fetch the results in the search
    synchronization...) and to provide the same level of flexibility to
    the user (sort by, different tree views or tables...)

    I have tried to use the abstract classes that support text search
    (FileSearchQuery, AbstractTextSearchResult, TextSearchPage). But Those
    abstract classes are neatly tied to the IFiles. It seems not possible
    to look for other objects than files. furthermore, I have to use
    internal classes.

    dao, Oct 29, 2008

  2. dao

    dao Guest